Micropier Spindle® RTOS v4.30 emphasizes scalability across 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit PIC® Microcontroller families and affordability for students, hobbyists, and professionals alike.
Release Notes for v4.30:
1. Various documentation ambiguities in v4.20 were clarified.
2. The scope for Semaphore services was narrowed to event management. This difference for the Semaphore services is subtle, and is intended to clarify usage of Semaphores for event management and Mutexes for resource management. Essentially, a Semaphore should be waited for by a single task, whereby the Semaphore may be signaled by an interrupt or another task to communicate an event occurrence.
3. For the example application, a different main function was added for each PIC® family.
4. There is a discrepancy between the declaration for mp_start on page 8 of the Manual and the definition for the same on page 9. Page 9 is correct.
5. On page 17 of the Manual, section 4.7.1, the tail call should be mp_sleep(10), rather than mp_wait.
PIC® is a registered trademark of Microchip Technology Inc.